Legal and Privacy
Sherwood Solicitors is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
This website contains general information based on English law and, while we make every effort to ensure that the contents are accurate and up to date, nothing in these pages should be construed as legal advice. Please contact us if you need advice on any specific legal matter. All and any liability which might arise from these pages (or copies made) is hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
PRIVACY & DATA COLLECTION POLICY
Sherwood Solicitors address is The Little Globe, 153 Edward Street, Brighton, BN2 0JG
The ICO Registration number for Sherwood Solicitors is ZA245564
Please note that we may change this page from time to time as our business changes. You should therefore periodically check this page to ensure you are happy with the way we view your personal information. This policy is effective from 18th June 2019
This document covers the following points regarding the privacy of your data.
• Information we collect.
• Lawful basis of processing.
• Who we share data with.
• How data is used.
• How long data is held.
• Your personal rights.
• Links to other websites.
• Data security breach procedure.
1. Information we collect from you
• Full name.
• Post code.
• Email address.
• Telephone numbers.
• Your National Insurance details.
• Your bank and/or building society account details.
• Information to enable us to verify your identity e.g. your date of birth or passport details.
• Your financial details so far as relevant to your instructions, e.g. the source of your funds if you are instructing on a purchase transaction.
1.1 Information we collect when you visit our website
1.2 Information we collect from third parties
From publicly accessible sources, e.g. Companies House or HM Land Registry.
Via our Information Technology (IT) systems, e.g.
Automated monitoring of our websites and other technical systems, such as our computer networks and connections, communications systems, email systems.
2. Lawful basis of processing
Sherwood Solicitors will only process your personal data under one of the six legal grounds stated under the GDPR regulations, namely: contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public interest, legitimate interests and consent.
3. Who we share your personal data with
The data you provide to us will be held on our database. Those parties process information, invoices and payments and provide support services on our behalf. We will not transfer your data outside the EEA (European Economic Area).
If our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your data may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the data you provide to us without your consent.
4. How your information is used
Your data will enable us to supply the services you have requested. It will also enable us to contact you concerning your relationship with us. We will also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
5. How long is your information held for
We protect your data from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your data for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires. You are entitled to see the data held about you and verify that this is kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us.
6. Your personal rights
• You can ask for a copy of your personal information we hold.
• You can ask us to correct your personal information.
• You can ask us to delete your personal information.
• You can withdraw consent to use your data.
• Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
• The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect online.
8. Links to other websites
9. Data Security Breach Procedure
In the event of a data security breach, this will be communicated to those users affected and an emergency plan will be put into action. A notification will be sent to those affected within 72 hours.